• You say that you love the rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when it shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close the windows when it blows. This is why I'm afraid, you said that you love me too.
• I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.我爱你，不是因为你是一个怎样的人，而是因为我喜欢与你在一起时的感觉。
• Many people find it hard to understand what it is about a mountain that draws men and women to risk their lives on her freezing, ice faces——all for a chance at that single, solitary moment on the top. It can be hard to explain. But I also relate to the quote that says: if you have to ask, you will never understand.
• But as far as I was concerned the sky and clouds had parted, and nothing would ever be the same again.
• Years later, Shara and I christened our three boys with this snow water from Everest's summit. Life moments.
• 其实人跟树是一样的，越是向往高处的阳光，它的根就越要伸向黑暗的地底，But it is the same with man as with the tree. The more he seeks to rise into the height and light, the more vigorously do his roots struggle earthward, downward, into the dark, the deep - into evil.
• But in this book I wanted to show my roots: the early, bigger missions that shaped me, and the even earlier, smaller moments that steered me.